At Platinum, our customers are our number one priority. The information you share with
Platinum allows us to provide the products and services you need and want while giving you the
very best shopping experience.
What Type of Information Do We Collect and How Do We Collect
We collect information to deliver the products and services you request, to help improve your
shopping experience, and to support our business functions. We collect information from you in
a variety of ways when you interact with our stores, websites, and mobile services.
What Information Do We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be
collected about every individual:
• Personal identifiers, such as name and address
• Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone number and
• Internet, application, and network activity, such as cookie IDs and browser visits
• Government identifiers, such as national identification numbers and driver’s license
• Demographic information, such as age and date of birth, and education
• Financial information, such as credit and debit card numbers and claims information
• Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as gender
• Purchase history information, such as products you have bought, rented, and returned
• Biometric information used for customer verification
• Location information, such as geo-location information
• Audio, visual, and other sensory information, such as audio and video recordings
How Do We Collect Information
We collect information from you in a variety of ways. It may be:
• Provided directly by you or a member of your household
• Collected from a device associated with you or your household
• Collected through in-store technology
• Collected from another company within our family of companies
• Collected from an external third-party source
Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business.
Information Provided by You or Household Member
You actively share information with us in various ways in our stores and online. For example, you
share information when you:
• Make an online purchase, or other transaction, with us;
• Create an account on one of our websites or mobile services;
• Participate in our programs;
• Conduct a transaction or request a service where we collect information (including when
required by law);
• Request customer service or contact us;
• Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages, or post a rating, review or
other user-generated content on one of our websites or mobile services;
• Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey; or
• Use features of our websites and mobile services that may ask you to grant us access to
the camera or microphone on your computer or mobile device (such as voice search or
scanning bar codes).
When you engage in these activities, you may share different types of personal information with
us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, date of birth,
and payment information.
Information Collected From a Device Associated With You or Your Household
You also passively provide us information in other ways through technology. Some of this
information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our websites and mobile
services work correctly and supports our customer marketing and analytics efforts – our work to
understand our customers’ needs and provide information about our products and services.
Here are some examples:
• Device Information: We collect technical information when you visit our websites or use
our mobile applications or services. This includes information such as Internet Protocol
(IP) address, the type of mobile device you use, your device operating system and
browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of referring websites, the path you
take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites.
• Browsing Information: We use our own and third-party technologies such as cookies,
web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our
websites and mobile services. We use these tools to provide an integrated and more
personalized shopping experience for you. For example: cookies allow us to provide you
relevant information as you use or return to our sites; web beacons allow us to know if a
certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our websites and
other sites were effective. Under certain circumstances, we permit third parties to collect
information on our websites for their own business purposes using cookies, web
beacons, iframes and similar technologies.
• Precise Device Location Information: We may collect information about your location
when your device is set to provide location information. For example, your device’s GPS
signal allows us to show you the nearest Platinum stores. We may be able to recognize
the location of a mobile device in stores where we provide customers free WiFi access
or through the use of Bluetooth technology. Through mobile services, Bluetooth
technology in our stores allows us to show you nearby products that may interest you,
making it easier for you to locate products within and navigate through the online store.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your
requests for products or to help us personalize our services and marketing to you. We also use
your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention,
marketing, and legal functions.
Some examples include:
• To fulfill your order or requests for services and provide customer service
• To create and maintain your account
• To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement
• To conduct marketing, personalization, and third-party advertising
• To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services and our business,
and help prevent fraud
• To update our operational and technical functionality
• To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for
• To conduct research and development
• To fulfill our legal function or obligations
To do the above, we combine personal and non-personal information, collected online and
offline, including information from third party sources. We also may transfer or share your
personal information within our corporate family of companies as permitted by law.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information Outside of Platinum?
We may share your personal information in limited circumstances, such as to fulfill your order or
conduct our business. We may also share your personal information within of our family of
companies or other companies to offer you and administer your use of co-branded products, in
the event all or a part of our business is merged, sold or reorganized, when legally required, as
described below, or with your consent.
We will not share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies,
except in the following circumstances:
We share personal information about you with service providers that help with our business
activities, including shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors,
marketing and advertising vendors, and companies that help us improve our products and
services. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not
allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than
providing services on our behalf.
Products and Services Offered by Other Businesses
We will sometimes enable other businesses to make their products or services available to our
customers, such as through PPshows.com. You may purchase products or services from these
other businesses through our websites or mobile services. These companies are prohibited from
using your personal information for purposes other than offering you, and administering your use
of, these co-branded products and services.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may share your personal information in other special circumstances, which include situations
when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or
rights of Platinum, our customers, our associates, or other persons. Examples include:
• Protecting the health or safety of customers;
• Addressing crimes committed on Platinum property;
• Identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk;
• Providing personal information from cameras to law enforcement at their written request;
• Responding to a search warrant or other valid legal inquiry; and
• Responding to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or violation
In the event that all or a part of our business is merged, sold or reorganized (including transfers
made as a part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), personal information about you could
be shared with the successor business. We will use reasonable measures to help ensure that
any successor treats your information in accordance with this Policy.
Pursuant to Our Privacy Notices
We have privacy notices related to some of our specialized operations. We may disclose
personal information for purposes identified in those notices, which arise in those specialized
operational areas. These specific privacy notices describe additional or different information
practices relevant to those operations.
Advertising Related Activities
We may share aggregated or pseudonymous information (pseudonymous information includes
things like: device identifier, type of device, IP addresses, cookies and other information
associated with your browsing and app usage) with other companies, such as publishers,
advertisers, measurement analytics providers, and others. We do not share information that
directly identifies you (information such as name or email address) with these companies.
We also allow companies that show advertisements on our webpages or our apps to collect
privacy policies, not this one. Like many companies, we may allow cookie matching with select
partners. However, these parties are not authorized to access information from Platinum
With Your Consent
In circumstances other than those described above, we will ask for your affirmative consent
before we share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies, and we
also will not sell or rent your personal information for money